The Red Cross concentration camp was the largest war camp in this part of Serbia. Initially intended for prisoners of the Army of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, it was soon turned into a concentration camp for Jews, former officers and prominent Yugoslav politicians, communists and other members of the resistance. The camp was named after the nearby Red Cross train station. It was founded by the Gestapo, and throughout its existence it was commanded by the SS. The camp is known because it represents the first execution site in which the first breakthrough was organized, that is the escape in occupied Europe, on February 12, 1942. In the museum of the former camp today we see a place where the detainees were tortured, solitary confinement with barbed wire instead of a bed was preserved or reconstructed.